Injection Molding Process Technicians - 2nd & 3rd ShiftsApply Now
Plastic Molded Concepts (PMC) is an engineered resins plastic injection molder. We are one of very few plastic injection molding companies in the U.S. (and the world) who specialize solely in these engineering grade resins.
The Injection Molding Process Technician is responsible for all aspects of the molding processes including: set-up, operation, repair, and maintenance of injection mold equipment.
- Perform setup, startup, diagnosis and troubleshooting of the injection molding presses, all auxiliary equipment and all secondary production equipment while ensuring that safety and quality are the prime initiatives.
- Independently perform machine adjustments within allowable parameters, perform routine machine maintenance tasks and minor repairs on all production equipment, including molders and peripheral quality equipment on assigned lines.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications and accurately document all records related to downtime, production, scrap, repairs, process deviation, etc.
- Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Good (written and verbal) communication and effective human interaction skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and perform metric conversions
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and routings, and other manufacturing-related paperwork
- Ability to perform PM on production molds (eg. mold cleans, basic insert changes, proper greasing of tools)
- Strong problem solving and mechanical aptitude required
- Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Working knowledge and experience with Scientific Molding concepts
- Ability to perform gate freeze & viscosity curve
- Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, IQMS MRP software
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, bend, reach, push, and pull frequently
- Excellent visual acuity with both close and distance vision
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- 3 years’ experience with set-ups and troubleshooting for issues such as flash, short-shot, etc., in plastic injection molding manufacturing environment
Location:Eagle, WI (25 min drive from Waukesha; 45 min drive from Milwaukee)
2nd or 3rd Shift
$18-25/hour depending on experience
Plus Shift Premium (2nd Shift: $0.50/hour premium; 3rd Shift: $2.00/hour premium)